Sunday, October 7, 2007

Colorado Rocky Mountain High

We just returned from a trip to our favorite state, Colorado. Melissa and I spent last week in Durango with our friends and clients the Kairalla family. We spent a couple of days photographing new clients in and around beautiful Durango. I managed to squeeze in a round of golf, as well as a little frisbee golf (one of my favorite pastimes). We timed the trip based on the aspens turning for the fall and they did not disappoint. Melissa and I spent our honeymoon in Colorado, and on the way out recounted all the Younglife backpacking and ski trips over the years. It had been seven years since we had been to CO. In recent years we have traded trips to Colorado for trips to the beach in the summer. The beach is a much easier trip to make with small children, but I have to tell you, Mary Dean and Anne Ryan had as much fun on this trip as any I can remember. I think the Colorado climate suits our family pretty well. One day we took a drive up to Silverton, an old mining town that reminded us a lot of the little town of Creede, where we spent part of our honeymoon. There is a steam train that runs all day long between Durango and Silverton. It, along with the mountain landscape, provided plenty of photo ops. I am including plenty of images from this trip because it was inspiring. I hope this will become an annual trip.