Monday, July 21, 2008

State Convention

I think I have just about recovered from our state convention. I think this was one of our best and not just because I was the convention chairman. I am now officially installed as President of the Arkansas Professional Photographers Association. Which basically means I will be doing a lot of work this year. At our awards banquet I had to give an incoming presidents message. Melissa leaned over to me right before time and and asked if I had prepared anything and I said I am working on it. When I got up there it was so easy to speak from my heart about photography as our profession. I am not sure of the total numbers but I think it is very safe to say there are more photographers in our association from Little Rock and Conway than any other part of the state. I believe part of the reason is the willingness to share ideas and the open doors of all of my photographer friends. I believe if you help elevate someone's photography even if they are your competition you are elevating the profession and art of photography to the benefit of everyone who calls photography there passion. Anyway I look forward to this coming year and hopefully bringing many new photographers into our association.