Saturday, June 30, 2007

Arkansas Photographer of the Year

June 10th through 13th, I attended the annual APPA convention in Hot springs. This year I took with me Barbara Raney, who manages our Little Rock studio. This was her first convention and print competition. She did great! She had two prints merit, and won first place digital imaging in the general division with her print "Torn". Last year, I came in second in the print competition, but this year I was able to break through and win Photographer of the Year. My prints "Colors of the Mediterranean" and "Sisters, Secrets & the Sea", scored 97 & 95 respectively. Taking first place in the Portrait, Illustrative & Electronic Imaging categories, earning two Kodak Gallery Awards, and two judges ribbons were just some of the highlights. Print competition is a great way to hone a photographers skills. I am always inspired to go back to work and create beautiful images for my clients after a competition. To see all my print entries from this year, click here