Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Imaging Arkansas

If you are a professional photographer or just an enthusiast the "Imaging Arkansas" APPA State convention will hold something for you. If you are a pro in AR and not a member of the APPA I cannot say enough about the importance of membership in your local Association. Most photographers I know would credit a lot of their success to the educational experiences and the relationships they have through professional associations. Melissa and I are members of Arkansas (APPA), Ozarks (PPO), International Christian Photographers (ICP), Southwest Photographers (SWPP), Professional Photographers of America (PPA) and The American Society of Photographers (ASP). I can honestly say our best friends in the photography industry have all been met through attending seminars and conventions with each of these associations. This year the APPA convention is especially important to me because I am on the Board as well as the Convention Chairman. If you ask me this is the best slate of speakers & activities we have ever lined up, of course I did invite them. If you are interested in photography but not a professional you can check out the trade show and the print exhibit. I would encourage you all to check out the IMAGING ARKANSAS website for all of the details. Of course anyone with questions about any of these organizations or the upcoming convention feel free to give me a call.